Why Choose A Colorbond Aquaplate Water Tank?
Number One Reason: They are the BEST type of tank - Colorbond Tanks are Durable, Reliable and will outlive any other type of tank
- Aquaplate steel tanks are made from Bluescope corrugated Colorbond steel that has a food grade polymer coating attached to the inside. This basically makes the tank corrosion proof, which is why there is such a long warranty on our tanks.
- Colorbond corrugated tanks look great. Most of us are proud of our homes - why not have a watertank that matches? Choice of modern Colorbond colors or a galvanised finish for that traditional rural Australian look
- Colorbond Aquaplate Tanks have consistent wall thickness and strength & will not bulge when filled. Tanks made from other materials have been known to fail as a result of inconsistent manufacturing processes which can cause critically thin walls
- Colorbond tanks are completely unaffected by Australia's extreme UV rays, unlike some other tanks which break down over time. With light penetration also comes algae which can spoil your water & may damage your pump
- Colorbond Aquaplate tanks won't taint the taste of your drinking water - fully food grade approved. When it comes to plastic tanks - the jury is still out on the question of long term water quality
- Along with the superior strength of steel, is the adaptability that Colorbond tanks can be made to almost any shape & size to fit those awkward spots... slimline shape, round or square.
- Colorbond tanks are completely non-flammable and certainly won't melt or emit toxic fumes during a fire. In fact you may be required to have a steel tank for firefighting use if you build a new house in a high risk area
- For those who are interested - the annual environmental burden of a water tank made from Aquaplate is equivalent to one 100W light bulb switched on for a week. The tanks are also 100% recyclable making them more enviro-friendly than other materials.
Why choose Slimline Rainwater Tanks?
We've been over 30 years in the tank manufacturing industry
Quality Colorbond® Aquaplate®
Slimline Rainwater Tanks are manufactured using Colorbond® Aquaplate®. Some other manufacturers use galvanised steel and spray paint their tanks. Tanks made with genuine prepainted Colorbond are a far superior product with a long lasting finish backed by the Bluescope® warranty.
Stainless Steel Bolt Construction
This is the most reliable method of construction as the tank is strengthened with stainless steel reinforcement. Many other cheaper methods are used, but ours is the original, tried, tested, certified and guaranteed solution.
Slimline Rainwater Tanks carry a 20 Year Warranty on BlueScope Aquaplate® steel and our own manufacturers warranty. Every Slimline Rainwater Tank is issued a serial number which may be traced back to the tank builder and construction date for quality assurance purposes.
Experts In Our Field
Finally, we are a family-owned business, based in Victoria, committed to supplying quality tanks all over the state and with over 30 years manufacturing experience, we believe we’re experts in our field. We very proudly stand behind our product and give our personal commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
How to Choose the Right Tank?
One size doesn't fit all!
The size tank you need depends on a lot of factors including water usage, available catchment area, number of users and the availability of mains water. Below are three typical scenarios, assuming that the property has mains water available. If the property is rural with no water supplied, then we would recommend a minimum of 90000 Litres to maintain an average family. Don’t hesitate to contact us with your circumstances for specific advise.
Generous government rebates are available for purchasing a tank over 2000 Litres and connecting it into your house.
- Whole House Usage This requires a minimum of 10000 - 20000 Litres. This can be connected to your whole house to provide zero reliance from mains water. Great for the environmental conscious person who also wants to save on water bills.
- Part House Supply To connect your toilets, washing machine and an outside garden tap to your tank we would recommend 2000 - 5000 Litres. Five Star regulations for new homes require 2000 Litres to be connected to toilets, however anything over this is yours to "splash around" with.
- Outside Use Only Depending on your scenario, the choice is yours - between 1000 - 20000 Litres. Every 1000 Litres will give you up to 90 minutes water. Great for washing the car or watering the garden whenever you feel like it - we call this "Water Freedom"
What's included in our Tanks?
Fully customised fittings to suit every application
Option of 25mm (standard), 32mm, 40mm, 50 mm, 80mm, 100mm or 150 mm BSP Threaded outlets
Option of 90mm (standard), 100mm, 150mm, 225mm or 300mm PVC overflows spigots
Either though the roof of the tank with a mozzie-proof inlet strainer or through the side wall with a PVC spigot
- Retention Orifices
Any size orifice to comply with your stormwater retention requirements
- CFA / Firefighting Accessories
Range of CFA Couplings, Storz fittings, vortex inhibitors and Fire Hydrant Tank accessories
- Accessories to complement your tank
Pump Kits - including mains changeover kits for toilet/laundry use, Water filters for any application and Tank water level Indicators